HTML Map

2013-08-13

Estée Lauder 'Raisins' Duo





The 'Raisins' palette by Estée Lauder is an infamous palette in the beauty blog world. A gorgeous yet simple two-shadow palette became a staple in many everyday makeup stashes this past year when it was released as a limited edition. The first shadow is a flattering pale, shimmering pink color, balanced out with the deep burgundy second shadow. Highly pigmented and blended beautifully, I've yet to see this duo look anything but flawless on every single type of skin tone. 



I was lucky enough to find this at my local Cosmetics Company Outlet discounted as it is no longer going for public sale. I have to admit, when I randomly found it there, I did a little jump of joy and tried to excitedly explain to my friend how lucky I was to finally get my hands on this beauty! She didn't truly understand, but I know you all will! As it is discontinued from Estee Lauder and purchased at an outlet store, I was fortunate enough to only pay around $22 for the palette which is a complete steal as they're typically $32! It wasn't even a question on whether or not I would buy it, I was sold from the start.


I've been wearing this duo every single day and I'm so glad that I was able to stumble upon it. At first, I was worried that it would look too pink, but I'm still pleasantly surprised at how stunning it looks. On some days when I'm feeling especially pale and think it may be too pink, I mix a tiny bit of light brown into the crease with the deep burgundy, but for the most part I rarely need to add anything but mascara. I find that I love boosting the color even more by putting on my Stila Smudge Pot in 'Kitten' underneath, which is shimmer and shine to the extreme. 

Overall, this is definitely a rave review and a product well worth the hype it has received. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone who can somehow find it as it is a true staple in my makeup bag.

10 comments:

  1. I love these colours sooo much! :O Gorgeous combo!
    You're so lucky to have found it :D xx
    Beads of Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful I did! Absolutely gorgeous palette (:

      Delete
  2. Heard so much about this palette, it looks so amazing, love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making me want to buy this :D This would be perfect for fall! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I definitely think it's worth it if you can find it!

      Delete
  4. everyone seems to be talking about this! but i can see why because it's a gorgeous duo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen it around so much as well, but it's definitely worth the hype!

      Delete
  5. I've heard many youtubers raving about this duo, it's sooo gorgeous!
    Just stumbled to your blog, love it :)
    x
    Jessie@ Jessie's LalaLand

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it makes my day!