HTML Map

2013-08-25

Almay Liquid Lip Balms


It has been a good amount of time since I've been super curious about a product and pretty much raced to the drugstore to get my hands on said product, like Christmas had come early. However, when I simply heard the phrase "liquid lip balm" I became intrigued and wondered as to how the product worked, felt, looked like, etc. After seeing many a good reviews on blogs and YouTube I decided enough was enough and I had to purchase one. I started off with "Nudetrients"as I've currently been loving nude lips and heavy eyes. With gorgeous specks of gold shimmer, the liquid lip balm easily glides on, similar to how a lip gloss would. However, not only is it unscented and not sticky, it actually feels as though I just put on a tube of chapstick in just.. liquid form!



After loving it, I decided that I needed to test a color one out as well. I went for a classic red in "Apple a Day". On a side note, whilst checking out I managed to convince the cashier that she needed one of these in her life as well, so that's something! Felt pretty proud of my selling skills that day. Back to the product though, as I mentioned I went for a classic red. I wasn't too sure what to expect the color pay off to be, however as the nude was quite transparent. However, I fell even more in love with the red one as it provides a gorgeous sweep of color to the lips. It looks like you've bitten your lips and have them brought to life with just one sweep of this. It's not incredibly opaque, but provides a perfect rosy glow for any natural look you may be going for. Essentially, it's one of those "your lips but better".

"Nudetrients" and "Apple a Day"
I've yet to be able to think of a single bad thing when it comes to this product. Between the price (a mere $5ish at your local drugstore), the color payoff, and the feel, I love it all. The lasting power isn't the greatest, about a solid few hours at the most, but to me that it about equal to any lip balm. When eating and drinking it'll wear off faster, but again I think that's to be expected as it's not a stain but a balm. It moisturizes the lips for the time that it's on and it's compact enough to fit one (or two) easily in your pocket or purse.

I know that I'll continue to get good use out of these as I'm all about easily makeup application and combining a balm with a bit of gloss is beyond perfect for me. Have any of you tried this yet or planning to?

6 comments:

  1. These look lovely. Nudetrients looks gorgeous xx

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!
    Apple a Day is super pretty, I want to see them on your lips (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I'll have to do that from now on with lip swatches!

      Delete
  3. I love the apple a day colour :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely gorgeous, just pigmented enough for day wear!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it makes my day!